Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Hot Air Balloon Card

 
Hi, everyone!! Today I am sharing a new card I made for a one year old!! Her birthday theme is "hot air balloon".
For the balloon I used the SSS "Balloons" die. I draw lightly with a pencil curved lines, so I could divide the balloon in 3 sections. And I cut them with my scissors.
I put temporary tape on the back, placed them on my craftsheet and watercolored them with my "Zig Clean". When it dried I put "Wink of Stella" on the balloon (the third picture you can see it better).
 I also watercolored the elephant from SSS "Wild Cuddly Critters". The flag banner is from SSS "Party Banner".
 
For the waved basket:
-I cut strips of cardstock (distressed with "brushed corduroy").
- I placed the strips vertically on my cutting mat, and on top of the strips I put washi tape to hold them steady.
 -Then I placed the other strips, that goes horizontally,  alternating them, one above and under the vertically strips.
-I diecut the waved piece with Lawn "Stitched Square Stackables".
- I glued the waved basket on another piece of cardstock that I cut with the same die.
 
I love to give kids a pinwheel with the card on their birthday (W 'R Memory Keepers).


 
Here you can see better the glittery shine of "Wink of Stella".
 
Hot Air Balloon Flickr photo1
Hot Air Balloon Flickr photo2
Hot Air Balloon Flickr photo3

I am entering this card and pinwheel in the:

SSS Flickr Challenge #76

Work it Wednesday July 2017

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (Pinwheel "Get In Shape")

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge#251-Anything Goes

Make My Monday Challenge#50 Travel or Vacation

6 comments:

  1. Love your adorable elephant, looks like she is having a great time floating along in the hot air balloon. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable design!!! Love that cutie :)
    Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is adorable Arlene and that elephant is so sweet...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete