Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Valentine card (whale you be mine?)


Hallo, everyone!! For this Valentine card I did a "partial-diecutting" technique. I used Lawn Fawn "Heart Stackables, "Ocean Wave Borders, "Stitched Rectangle Stackables", "Whale You Be Mine" stampset and coordinating dies.

*First I draw the heart with a pencil, then I placed the whales where I want them to be and stamped them with "Versafine" onyx black".
*Then I diecut the upper part of the heart placing the "C Plate" of my cuttlebug a little above the whales (letting the whales and lower part of the heart free from diecutting).
*I did the same for the lower part of the heart, putting the "C Plate" on the lower part of the whales (letting the whales and upper part of the heart free from diecutting).
*Next step was diecutting one whale and ten the other, placing the "C Plate" on the front part of the whale till it counters the  line/border of the heart on the left side. And then I did it for the right side.
*With an x-acto knife I cut the cardstock where it was still connected with the heart/whales.
*I watercolored the whales with my "Zigs".
I hope that make sense😃
I put two pictures at the end of this blogpost on how the results are after the diecutting.

Featured on Lawn Fawn "Fawny Flickr Friday"

Instagram
                                                             Flickr Photo Whales

                                                        Draw with a pencil the heart!

                                                                   Diecutting results.


I am entering this card in the

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge Blog

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Simon Says Stampblog Work it Wednesday January 2018

Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. this is SO sweet! love those pinks waves!!!! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this super cute card, Arlene! Thanks for sharing how you made it, and thanks so much for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love the design and the colour combination! This is the perfect Valentine's card! Happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable Valentine card love how you made the heart.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete